- 11am – Meet at Amersham Road Community Centre for blackberry, elderberry and damson picking – all 1 to 10 minutes walk from the community centre (we’ll leave a phone number / instructions on the community centre so if you turn up late, you can still join us!
- 1pm – Bring a picnic and join us for a break after berry picking in the community garden behind the community centre
- 2pm – drop off your bake-off entries at the community centre! There are 2 categories: children (under 12), teenagers (12-17) adults (18+) (Children under 12, can also enter by decorating biscuits on the day)
- 2:30pm – Everyone welcome to come in, pay £2 to try the range of cakes, free tea and coffee and learn how to make jam from all the fruit picking in the morning! Bring along some empty jars! There will be ‘professional’ judges to make the judges award, and ‘the people’s choice’ judged by everyone who attends!
- 4:30pm – Bake-off winners announced!
Reading Food Growing Network, will also be coming along to let people know about local food growing and possibly selling some locally grown produce. If apples are ripe, there may also be some apple pressing to make juice.
Everyone welcome. Please let us know if you are planning to enter the bake-off or if you have any questions.