Connecting communities in Reading
- Get Online Reading – A team of volunteers providing support for residents who need help accessing the internet and digital services.
- Ready Friends – Exploring ways to alleviate loneliness and social isolation in our communities.
- Social Prescribing – Linking people up with activities or services in the community that they might benefit from. It’s about connecting people to non-medical sources of support.
- Community Journalists – Investigating local issues, getting voices heard, and connecting communities. Community journalists contribute articles and features to the news section of our website and our weekly news digest.
Improving the lives of young people and families
- Youth Partnership and Summer Youth Activities Programme – Developing partnerships with youth organisations and engaging young people to lead and steer projects, to build some exciting and sustainable projects including youth clubs, music and arts workshops, social clubs/events, and a range of initiatives around personal development.
- Stronger Together – Helping unemployed people aged 25 or older who need support to get into work, start a business, or just move closer towards these goals. A Building Better Opportunities funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund.
- Whitley Schools Partnership – Working with local schools, parents and guardians in Whitley to access voluntary sector activities and services for the benefit of their families and school community life.
Supporting the voluntary sector to grow and thrive
- Community Building Network –Facilitating network meetings to enable groups managing community buildings to share information and experiences.
- Trustee Network – Providing support and information for trustees. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.