This page was last updated on 1 June 2020 with:
- an article about the next phase of the RBC small grants funding, which is open until 30 June. See funding section below.
Contingency planning and adapting your services
- Resources to help organisations plan for the road ahead
- Mid-term planning – key questions for trustees
- Charity Commission guidance: how to hold remote trustee meetings
- 14 April: Charity Commission – updated guidance for the sector
- RVA guide for community groups offering coronavirus support services
- NCVO guidance on involving and managing volunteers during the coronavirus outbreak
- NCVO: guidance for charities
- NCVO: coronavirus and governance – what charity trustees need to think about
- Zurich: organisational resilience guidance on pandemic planning
- MindTools: contingency planning, including templates
- For guidance and advice aimed specifically at befriending organisations, please see our Ready Friends page
- Bates Wells – governance, solvency, contracts and employment update
- Bates Wells: key issues for charities in public service delivery – procurement and contracts
- ABI Guidance: business insurance and unoccupied premises
- Unoccupied charity premises – contact your insurers or landlord
- Cranfield Trust: free webinar on cash flow forecasting for charities
- Claiming Gift Aid on cancelled events
Employment and staff
- Public funding and furlough guidance for trustees, including ACAS template
- Government guidance: coronavirus job retention scheme
- Government guidance: furloughed workers
- Civil Society guidance: job retention scheme and employment FAQs
- ACAS: guidance for employers and employees
- ACAS: guidance on homeworking including a template policy and checklist
- Bates Wells: coronavirus and your staff: what if working from home is not an option?
- Changes to the DBS service during the coronavirus pandemic
- Download: Small Charities guide to better mental health and wellbeing during Covid-19, including a section on working from home
Funding for coronavirus response
- RBC small grants to the voluntary sector – next phase of funding open until 30 June 2020
- Government funding for the sector and NCVO analysis
- Round-up of funding for coronavirus response – 2 April 2020
- Berkshire Community Foundation (BCF) Vital for Berkshire Coronavirus Funding – applications open
- National Emergencies Trust: coronavirus fundraising appeal and grants
- Police Property Act Covid-19 Response Funding – applications open until 20 April 2020
- Charities Aid Foundation Emergency Fund – applications open
- The National Lottery Community Fund – funding approach in response to Covid-19
Online training, safeguarding and data protection
- RVA guide: Online training for charity trustees, staff and volunteers
- How to communicate in a crisis – two webinars from Lloyds Bank Foundation
- Online safety when delivering digital services to children, young people and adults at risk
- RVA’s guide to safeguarding resources during the coronavirus pandemic
- Information Commissioners Office: Data protection and coronavirus – what you need to know
- Bates Wells: The GDPR should not thwart a sensible approach to COVID-19 concerns
- RVA Advice Service: if your organisation needs advice or support contact email@example.com. We are continuing to offer our advice service remotely through email, telephone and Google Hangouts.
- RVA News: If you would like us to publicise updates about your services via RVA news and the RVA website, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sending RVA News more regularly during the coronavirus outbreak – if you’re not already subscribed to the newsletter, sign up here.
- Team Reading Coronavirus Response Volunteers: if your organisation is registered with RVA and needs some extra volunteer support please email email@example.com.
- Social Prescribing: If you are a professional looking to make a referral, we are continuing to take these at the normal address readingsocial.prescribing@nhs.
net. Individuals who have received support from the Social Prescribing service in the past and would like us to get in touch again can email firstname.lastname@example.org.