Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations can now apply for funding to run projects focused on improving children and young people’s mental health. Through the VCSE Health and Wellbeing Fund 2019-20, the Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England and Public Health England are aiming to work with VCSE organisations to promote equality, address health inequalities and support the wellbeing of people, families and communities.
Applications are invited from existing schemes to trial a new approach to helping children and young people with their mental health. The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 15 February 2019. Projects should:
- adopt community and person-centred approaches to improving the mental health of children and young people aged 0 to 25 years
- particularly support children and young people through life-changing events
- have strong local connections already in place
- be delivered by the VCSE sector
- be co-produced with service users and stakeholders
The Health and Wellbeing Fund will grant fund projects for a period of three years. A total sum of up to £510,000 is available per applicant. Match funding from a statutory partner – for example, a Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP), or Local Authority (LA) – must be secured.
Meet the funder webinars
The Department of Health and Social Care are holding a number of meet the funder webinars ahead of the application deadline. These are taking place on:
- 28 November – 14:00 – 15:30
- 30 November – 09:30 – 11:00
- 3 December – 10:00 – 11:30
- 6 December – 14:30 – 16:00
- 10 December – 14:00 – 15:30
- 14 December – 10:00 – 11:30
To book a place on a meet the funder webinar, email HWF.Webinar@dh.gsi.gov.uk.