The Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership and Brighter Futures for Children are offering an online free refresher e-learning on Universal Safeguarding Children.
This e-learning is designed for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people, including staff and volunteers in the voluntary and community sector. This course can be used as an introduction or as a refresher but should not replace face-to-face training (see the RVA training page for details of Zoom training as an alternative, which is recommended for those who are new to a role).
Contents of the e-learning refresher
- Understand why safeguarding is so important.
- Have an improved understanding of signs and indicators of abuse.
- Understand local Child Protection Procedures and what to do if you are concerned about abuse.
- Be clear about sharing information with others.
- Have developed confidence in dealing with child protection issues confidently.
Completion of this online e-learning should take approx 30–45 mins. You will need to work through the sections in order, starting with Section 1: Why we must get it right.
How to access the e-learning
- Via this link. You don’t need to create a username and password to access the training. You can login as a guest.
- If you have any technical issues please contact Brighter Futures for Children by emailing Learning@brighterfuturesforchildren.org.