Keen to get fitter or set yourself a challenge this year? Find the thought of starting exercise a bit daunting? Not sure you can stick to a training plan? If this is you, we’d like to help!
The team at Get Berkshire Active are looking for ten women (aged 16 or over) to join our ‘This Girl Can Run 10k’ challenge for 2017. We’re looking for women who are currently inactive but want to change this with lots of great support.
As a member of our This Girl Can Run 10k team you’ll receive…
- A Polar Heart GPS Watch with Heart Rate monitoring
- Access to Polar’s online support including tracking and coaching
- Boudavida sports clothing
- A hamper of healthy treats from Meridian Foods
- Links will local community groups that can support you with your training
- A personalised training programme from the Running4Women team
- Support from Get Berkshire Active to encourage you along your journey
- A free place on the Boudavida Women’s 10k at Windsor Great Park on 23 September (your goal!)
We’ll also get you together with other team members so you can help support each other along in your training journey to complete at 10k in September.
What we expect from you…
- Commitment to training and making a change in your levels of physical activity
- Monthly news, photos, videos etc so that we can share your transformation to inspire other women
- A commitment to sharing your journey to inspire at least 10 other people (friends, family, colleagues) to consider increasing their own activity levels.
It doesn’t matter if….
- You’ve never run before, or it’s been a very long time since you have done any running or exercise. In fact, the less you’ve done, the better!
- You think you’re overweight or ‘too fat to run’
- You have a health condition or disability which is not made worse by exercise
- The thought of running a 10k is very scary!
To take part you must be:
- A female over 16 years old on 1 April 2017
- A Berkshire resident
- Currently doing less than 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise (an intensity which causes you to feel slightly sweaty with an increased heart and breathing rate) per week
- Available to take part in the Boudavida Women’s 10k on 23 September 2017.
Just complete an application at www.gba.sportsuite.co.uk/forms/view/teamboudavida2017 before 5pm on 12 May and we’ll let you know if you’re in on 23 May.