The Local Government association has launched a consultation on the future of adult social care. The green paper aims to:
to build momentum for a debate across the country about how to fund the care we want to see in all our communities for adults of all ages and how our wider care and health system can be better geared towards supporting and improving people’s wellbeing.
The LGA would welcome views on a number of issues:
- What is the role of councils in improving health and wellbeing?
- What is adult social care and why is it important?
- Decision-making on social care.
- Funding for adult social care.
- What are the options for change?
- How should we pay for these changes?
The consultation runs until 26 September and full details can be downloaded here.