Tesco Bags of Help is responding to the current coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis by setting up a new short-term fund to support local communities. Due to the need to respond quickly to the emergency, they have created a streamlined application process and payment process to make it easier to get funds distributed quickly. Successful organisations will receive a single payment award of £500.
Who can apply?
- Women’s refuges
- Food banks
- Homeless charities
- Charities supporting the elderly
- Charities supporting children’s activities
- Applications will be welcomed from a wide range of organisations including: voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, schools, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, community councils, local authorities and housing organisations.
- Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
- Your group must be constituted and you will need to provide your governing document. They will only accept applications from non-profit making constituted groups or organisations. This is an organisation or group with a governing document (eg a constitution or Memorandum of Articles).
What are the funding priorities?
- Where the need for services has been disrupted – for example a food bank whose stocks are running low and need an immediate donation to enable the food bank to restock.
- Required new services– for example charities setting up a new home service for the elderly who usually attend a monthly lunch club or a charity needing to set up a telephone service to support beneficiaries.
- Services / organisations with increased demand – e.g, a holiday hunger club needs more resources due to schools closing, or a children’s centre needs an additional temporary staff members
Is there a deadline for applying?
Applications are open until Friday 18th September 2020. As this is an emergency response fund, they would expect that funding is spent within three months.
- Apply online here
- Guidance notes
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need to have specific governance in place such as a constitution, accounts, a safeguarding policy, and a well considered budget breakdown. If you require support with this, please contact Herjeet at email@example.com.