The Sporting Capital Fund is a new loan funding opportunity for community sports organisations who can apply for a loan of between £50,000 and £150,000. This is open to organisations who want to:
- make a difference in the community through sport, physical activity or in a sport setting
- want to grow and become more sustainable by generating more or new income
They offer unsecured loans, repayable over 3 to 5 years. If needed, a repayment holiday of up to 24 months may be available, giving projects time to generate sustainable revenue before starting to repay the loan.
Who can apply?
Organisations that are looking to develop new projects, operations and revenue streams. While every organisation’s needs will differ, they expect the funding to be used for projects and activities such as:
- Equipment to support revenue streams
- Recruitment, training and deployment of staff and volunteers
- Equipment to support business functions, including finance, project management and governance
- Other operating costs
A wide range of organisations can apply from community sports clubs to social enterprises, charities and profit-with-purpose businesses that deliver sport and physical activity.
More information is available on the Sporting Capital Fund website.
If your organisation is new to social investment, please read this preliminary guidance from Good Finance or contact RVA if you are unsure whether social investment loan funding is for you.