Grants are available for local charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs undertaking projects in the areas of community and economic development, education, environment and sustainability, social services, health and wellness and arts, culture and humanities.
Who can apply?
- UK registered charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs working in Bracknell Forest, Hampshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead can apply.To be eligible, your organisation must meet the following criteria:
- Have a bank account in your group’s name.
- Meet a clear need in the community.
- Have a broad base of support within the community.
- Have demonstrated capacity and capability to effectively implement the program they wish to deliver.
- Have clean and transparent financial reporting.
- Have clearly stated, measurable and attainable objectives.
- Benefit a broad cross-section of the community, demonstrating benefit to the community as a whole.
- The funding is for projects which address the six focus areas of the SC Johnson Company
- Would reflect favourably on the public image of SC Johnson
What are the funding priorities?
The funding is for projects which address the six focus areas of the SC Johnson Company:
- Community and Economic Development – Programmes that improve the quality of life in the areas of economic and community infrastructure, capacity building, economic development, safe neighbourhoods and job training.
- Education – Programmes that emphasise student academic achievement, with a focus on academic enrichment and advancement (eg, early childhood education; post-secondary; technical and vocational schools).
- Environment and Sustainability – Programmes that encourage sustainability through stewardship of community ecosystems; pollution abatement; natural resource conservation; environmental beautification; renewable energy; and wildlife preservation.
- Social Services – Programmes that provide support services for low-income/at-risk individuals or families (eg, families, disabled, elderly; domestic disaster prevention; temporary shelter; the disadvantaged and those living in poverty).
- Health and Wellness – Programmes that encourage public health and wellness education and equitable access to healthcare, community sports and recreation programmes.
- Arts, Culture and Humanities – Programmes that provide accessible and affordable arts and cultural experiences to the community (eg, the performing arts, architectural and historical societies, museums, zoos).
What can you apply for / use the grant for
The funding is for projects that address the six areas of focus as set out by the SC Johnson Company:
- Community and Economic Development.
- Environment and Sustainability.
- Social Services.
- Health and Wellness.
- Arts, Culture and Humanities.
Is there a deadline?
No. An application form and guidelines are available upon request from the SC Johnson Company and applications can be submitted at any time. Contact the local SJ Johnson operation in your local community to find out about their giving GivingUK@scj.com.
Further information and support
You will need to have specific governance in place such as a constitution, accounts, a safeguarding policy, and a well considered budget breakdown. If you require support with this, please contact Herjeet at firstname.lastname@example.org.