What is the Reading Internship Scheme?
The Reading Internship Scheme facilitates internships with SMEs for students and graduates of the University of Reading. It is run by the Careers team and is part of a wider offering for SMEs.
The scheme offers:
• An application framework that enables you to reach our students and graduates, but keeps you in control of selecting the right candidate
• Grants to support the salary costs of an intern
• An opportunity to employ one of our talented students or graduates with a skillset that you require for a 6-8 week period over the summer
• To find out more please check our Employer Handbook
It is suitable for organisations who are:
• An SME with 1-250 employees.
• Looking to grow their talent pipeline by offering meaningful work experience, offering a genuine learning experience to a Reading student or graduate.
• In need of the resource to complete a project that could be supported by one of our students.
• Within commuting distance of Reading
• Able to offer a professional or business environment in which an intern can be based (not home based).
• Please read through the Employer Handbook which provides full details about the scheme
• 1st February – online portal opens for internship project submissions click HERE
• 16th March – deadline to submit internship proposals
Dates to note:
Internships can take place between 11th June – 28th September
To find out more contact: RIS@reading.ac.uk