Active Communities is offering grants to local groups and organisations with great ideas to make their communities even better places to live. They’re looking for small and local projects, designed and run by local people.
Grants offered between £5,000 and £25,000 per year for projects lasting up to two years.
Who can apply for funding?
You can only apply for funding from the Active Communities programme if:
- Your organisation supports people to create or shape local projects that will help their community or neighbourhood to become even better
- You are a not for profit organisation or group (for a full list of eligible organisations, click here)
- Your income is less than £350,000 a year, or an average of £350,000 or less over the last two years
- You have less than six months’ annual running costs in savings (with no restrictions on the money) after you have deducted the grant you wish to request from us
- Your organisation has been constituted for at least three months
They run a two stage application process. You must submit your Stage 1 application form by the advertised closing date for your area. If you are successful then you will be invited to submit a full Stage 2 application.
Using money raised by society lotteries through The Health Lottery, Active Communities is currently open in the following areas:
- HealthConfirm – Wokingham, West Berkshire, Reading, Windsor and Maidenhead, Slough and Bracknell Forest (application deadline, 11 July, 1pm)
If you would like any further support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org