The One Reading Community Hub is a place where people in need of help can be connected with volunteers, organisations and services who can support them during the coronavirus outbreak.
- The number to call is 0808 1894325 (free phone).
- Reading Deaf Centre SMS: 07704 687298 or Fax: 0118 950 0507
- The phone line is open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. The hub will be closed for the bank holiday on Monday 25 May.
- Residents, volunteers, businesses and organisations can also get in contact with the One Reading Community Hub online at www.reading.gov.uk/
Who is the action line for?
- Members of the public can phone the hub if they have welfare needs which a family member or trusted friend cannot help them with. Please only call if you do not have help available from a family member or friend, so that resources can be directed to the people that need it most at this challenging time.
- The One Reading Community Hub will collect information and try to connect you with the right service or organisation in Reading to provide support.
- If you are someone in very urgent need of help, then check the government websites and the council website for information first. If you cannot get the help you need to stay safe and healthy, then the action line is there for you.
- The hub cannot provide health advice and will direct people to NHS 111.
Offers of help and support – individuals, organisations and businesses
- All offers of help and support are welcome from individuals, businesses and other organisations.
- If you are a person, business or organisation that wants to offer support to voluntary organisations across Reading who are out on the ground helping people, please ring and the hub will pass your details on.