Government allocation of funding has closed for now, but your organisation can still apply for NLCF grants that are focussing on the impact of Covid. They are reviewing the situation on an on-going basis and will share any updates or developments on their website. There are two funding streams – under £10,000 and above £10,000
Who can apply?
In England, they are focusing on funding organisations supporting people and communities, who experience disproportionate challenge and difficulty as a result of the Covid-19 crisis.
You can apply if you’re an organisation that serves communities within England and is one of the following:
- a registered charity
- voluntary or community organisation (if applying for under £10,000)
- constituted group or club (if applying for under £10,000)
- a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- a non-profit Community Interest Company
- a Community Benefit Society
Please note that they are unable to fund organisations who have already applied to them since 22 May 2020, successfully or unsuccessfully, under the previous Coronavirus Community Support Fund (i.e. the government allocated fund distributed via NLCF that has now closed).
What are the funding priorities?
They are prioritising funding projects and organisations supporting communities through the Covid-19 pandemic and supporting people and communities who experience disproportionate challenge and difficulty as a result of the Covid-19 crisis.
This category includes (not an exhaustive list):
- organisations supporting older people
- disabled people (including people with long-term health conditions)
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer + (LGBTQ+) communities
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities; all of whom are facing specific challenges during the current crisis.
- It also includes organisations who provide advice and support to those pushed in crisis as a result of the pandemic and those organisations supporting people and their families with end-of-life care.
What can you spend the money on?
- For funding under £10,000 you can use the grant money for your organisation’s running costs, essential items for food banks, equipment, one-off events, staff costs, training costs, transport, volunteer expenses and more. See here for more details.
- For funding over £10,000 you can use the grant money for staff salaries, project activities, running costs, small-scale refurbishment, equipment, organisational development, contributions to fixed costs and more. See here for more details.
Is there a deadline for applying?
Applications are ongoing for now. For funding under £10,000 the funding will cover a maximum of six months of expenditure.
For funding over £10,000, funding will also be generally for six months of expenditure for now but they will consider larger awards or longer timeframes, particularly for organisations working across more than one area of England, on a case-by-case basis.
Further information and support
- Find more information here
- Apply for funding under £10,000 here
- Apply for funding over £10,000 here
- Contact NLCF for more information and specific enquiries email@example.com
- You will need to have specific governance in place such as a constitution, accounts, a safeguarding policy, and a well considered budget breakdown. If you require support with this, please contact Herjeet at firstname.lastname@example.org.