Trustees and managers are you on top your health and safety responsibilities?
Any activity whether for fun or work can involve an accident or damage to someone’s health. Work exposes people to hazards, such as slips, trips and falls, electricity, harmful substances or heavy loads that have to be handled. Health and safety law applies to all employers and there are specific requirements where premises are involved.
Written risk assessments and a written health and safety policy will provide evidence of suitable management systems, and thus peace of mind. Appropriate and effective health and safety management will help to prevent your staff, volunteers, service users and the public being hurt.
RVA can provide our members with a high quality, low cost health and safety consultancy service consisting of:
1. An initial site visit which will provide you with:
- Risk assessments for the main types of activity and for premises including, where applicable, fire risk assessment.
- A written health and safety policy.
- Advice on health and safety management.
2. An advisory service:
- Email helpline for assistance with health and safety queries or problems.
3. Annual review:
A review visit to update the risk assessments and health and safety policy.
Cost of service
- £125/an for members with no paid employees
- £200/an for members with up to 5 paid employees
- £350/an for members with up to 10 paid employees
- £500/an for members with more than 10 paid staff or who are responsible for building that is open to the public or a community centre.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0118 9574123
RVA’s health and safety consultant has over 35 years full-time professional experience and is a Chartered Fellow of the Institution of Safety and Health. She is registered on the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register, an assurance of competence.