The Charity Commission have launched their new 5-minute guides as part of Trustees’ Week 2020. These are designed as simple, easy to understand guides, designed to help trustees run their charities in line with the law.
The new guides cover five key aspects of charity governance – a ‘core syllabus’ covering the basics that the regulator expects all trustees to be aware of. They explain the basics of:
- financial oversight
- achieving a charity’s purposes
- good decision making
- addressing conflicts of interest
- what to file with the Commission and what support is available
You may wish to add these guides to your trustee induction pack as a great way to help new trustees get up to speed on charity governance principles, as well as sharing with existing trustees as a refresher.
Further resources during Trustees’ Week 2020
- Take a look at more news and events for Trustees’ Week 2020 here.
- If you are thinking of becoming a trustee, or would like to find out more about what the role involves and opportunities in Reading, join us on Friday lunchtime for an informal Q&A.