Nationwide are looking for local housing projects that will strengthen local communities to support the most vulnerable. The three target areas are:
- Preventing people from losing their home
- Helping people into a home
- Supporting people to thrive within the home environment
Grants are available for between £10,000 and £50,000 and the funding period is between one and two years. Nationwide will fund between 50% to 100% of the total cost of the project. See examples of previously funded projects.
You can apply if:
- Your organisation is a registered charity, CIO or housing co-operative.
- You have at least 3 unrelated trustees.
- You have at least two unrelated bank signatories.
- The amount applied for is less than 25% of your organisation’s annual income.
- You are applying for 50% or more of the total project cost.
- The project is between one and two years.
- The project relates to one of the three Nationwide target areas (above).
What you can use the funding for
- Core costs of up to 20%.
- Staff and volunteer costs for the lead partner.
- Small-scale capital costs, e.g. computers.
- Activity costs, e.g. catering or insurance.
- Development and capacity building costs, e.g. staff/volunteer training.
- Building works and refurbishment costs where they are essential to the successful delivery of the project.
How to apply
Apply online here. You will need to supply:
- A copy of your most recent annual accounts.
- A copy of a recent bank statement in your organisation’s name.
- A copy of your governing documents.
- Copies of your safeguarding and equal opportunities policies.
- Copies of any job descriptions for new posts that will be recruited as a result of this grant.
- You can access the detailed guidance here.
- Additional information about Community Grants can be found here.
- The deadline is 22 November 2019.
- If you need support with your governance, such as the above mentioned policies and procedures, please contact email@example.com or telephone RVA on 0118 9 372273