The Morrisons Foundation awards grant funding for charity projects which make a positive difference in local communities.
Who can apply?
- Charities registered with the Charity Commission or OSCR for a minimum of one year and whose documents (e.g. Financial Accounts) have been published on time.
- Projects must support the local community in England, Scotland or Wales.
- The fund will not part-fund projects.
The Foundation will not consider applications related to:
- Salaries and other running costs to support ongoing service delivery
- Grants, bursaries etc. to individuals
- Expeditions recreation or overseas travel
- Fundraising events
- Work that is primarily the statutory responsibility of public agencies
- Promotion of religious or political messaging
- Event sponsorship
- Advertising, promotion or marketing of events or services
- Overseas appeals
- Conferences or seminars
- Equipment which will be retained by individuals rather than the charity
- Animal charities, unless the objective is to improve the lives of vulnerable or disadvantaged people
- Projects being delivered outside England, Scotland or Wales
- Sports-based charities, unless the objective is to improve the lives of vulnerable or disadvantaged people
- Projects which could harm the reputation of the Foundation
What can you apply for / use the grant for?
You can apply for grants up to £25,000. However, the grant must be used to fully-fund an entire project.
Is there a deadline for applying?
There is no deadline for applying, it is a continuous rolling programme. All applications must be made online.
Further information and support
You will need to have specific governance in place such as a constitution, accounts, a safeguarding policy, and a well considered budget breakdown. If you require support with this, please contact Herjeet at firstname.lastname@example.org.