If you are anything like me, you sit at a desk to work, and stay seated to eat your lunch, before continuing to sit and work. It get’s to the end of the day, you’ve been pretty busy and all you want to do is sit and relax… are you noticing a pattern?
So I thought I better do something about it! On Tuesdays at 12:30pm, I have started organising lunch time walks and everyone is welcome. At the moment, we are meeting outside Highbridge House, Duke Street (by the Futon Shop) and heading out for a 30-40 minute walk along the canal. The more people that join us, the better.
Top 5 reasons to come for a walk!
- You feel refreshed after a proper break and some exercise – be more productive in the afternoon – get that brain working!
- Chat about things your wouldn’t have spoken about otherwise.
- Meet new people / get to know people better.
- Top up your vitamin D – get out in the sunshine.
- Have some gentle exercise without getting back to your desk sweaty! Walking for Health have done quite bit of research into the benefits of walking more.