How much can employers apply for and for what periods?
Employers will be able to apply for the £1,000 JRB in respect of eligible employees between 15 February and 31 March 2021.
Who is eligible to apply?
Employers will only be able to claim in respect of employees who:
- They previously furloughed under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS).
- Are continually employed between the date of the last CJRS claim made in respect of them until 31 January 2021.
- Earn a minimum of £1,560 in total during the three months between 6 November 2020 to 5 February 2021.
Employers cannot claim in respect of employees who:
- are on notice, either statutory or contractual, on 31 January 2021 (including notice of retirement), or
- who have TUPE transferred to them after 31 October 2020, or
- where they have repaid the full CJRS grant to HMRC, regardless of the reason, or
- made an incorrect CJRS claim because they were not eligible to claim for the employee under that scheme.
Is there a deadline for applying?
Yes, by no later than 30 November 2020. See more information here:
For confidential advice or support about how the above might relate to your charity, contact Herjeet at email@example.com