The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) are providing up to £1million of the Cold Weather Fund to Homeless link to administer funding to charitable organisations that are not commissioned by local authorities. The project’s overall aim is to financially support local providers in helping people sleeping rough off the streets this winter.
Who can apply?
Registered charities or CICs who are frontline organisations working to help end rough sleeping, and can demonstrate how grant funding will reduce rough sleeping and offer longer-term solutions. Your application will need to show one or both of the following purposes:
- To provide additional accommodation to rough sleepers during the period 1 December 2019 to 31 March 2020. (Additional to what is already being commissioned by the local authority). This can be either shelter beds or other accommodation.
- To enhance the support provided in or complementary to existing commissioned shelter beds to reduce the level of returns to the street for people sleeping rough accommodated in shelters and to help secure long-term move-on from shelters.
How much can you apply for?
Grants are available up to £25,000 or up to £50,000 may be considered for projects working across multiple authorities.
- Applications close on 6 December.
- All successful grants must be spent by 31 March 2020.
- Further information here.
- Online application form here.