Yesterday, the Prime Minister announced the government’s plan to continue to ease the restrictions around social distancing. Some additional guidance is now available:
- Opening certain businesses from 4 July
- Social distancing guidance up to 4 July
- Social distancing guidance from 4 July
Organisations should continue to take particular care with any service users, staff, volunteers or members of the public who may be on either:
Such individuals will continue to be at increased risk should they be exposed to the virus.
If you are planning on re-opening your services then please ensure you complete a full risk assessment and consider the implications on all involved with the organisations, and in particular those who are clinically vulnerable or clinically extremely vulnerable. A phased return has been favoured by organisations such as St John’s Ambulance, with a continuation of virtual services. The government is still recommending working from home where possible and for non-essential services.
Further resources and support:
- The Health and Safety Executive has produced this really helpful guide on workly safely during Coronavirus, which includes reference to completing a risk assessment.
- NCVO have hosted a webinar on easing restrictions, you can access a recording of the webinar here on their YouTube (it will be available shortly) and a copy of the slides here.
- St John’s Ambulance have published a digital tool for working safely during Coronavirus (this will be updated shortly following the recent government updates).
- Business restoration checklist via NCVO and Eversheds Solicitors.
- RVA will be posting further information shortly on deep cleaning and PPE resources.
- In view of additional demand, RVA are planning to host a further ‘re-opening your premises’ session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list. Details will be published shortly.
- For specific queries, please contact email@example.com