Trustees’ Week is an annual occasion to showcase the great work that trustees do and highlight opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference. This takes place all over the country and this year we’re making a song and dance in Reading through social media to celebrate local trustees and help you find new blood!
We have collected stories from Reading’s trustees, which we’re going to share widely through social media during Trustees’ Week from 4 to 8 November 2019, including a video interview from a local trustee, as well as snapshot quotes from a wide and diverse group of trustees across Reading. Each day we will be looking at a new theme and hearing what trustees have to say!
How can your charity get involved
- Are you looking for new trustees? If so, update your trustee adverts here and we can link our trustee stories to your adverts during Trustees’ Week to help you promote your opportunity far and wide. If you need help with clarifying roles contact email@example.com.
- Are you looking for a treasurer? Why not offer them this training opportunity to help them learn the role. Add it to your trustee advert to appeal to potential applicants.
- During Trustees’ Week, keep an eye out on twitter and share the trustee stories. These stories will help potential new trustees to get an insight into trusteeship and will bring the whole experience to life.
- Celebrate your trustees during Trustees’ Week – share your own stories and photos, and don’t forget to tag us so we can share it too!
- Here are some top tips for activities during Trustees’ Week
Reading’s daily themes for Trustees Week:
- Day 1: Becoming a Trustee
- Day 2: Trustee life balance
- Day 3: Choosing your charity
- Day 4: Dealing with challenges
- Day 5: Advice for new Trustees
We’re looking forward to celebrating with you!