Are you enthusiastic about getting Berkshire teenagers more active?
Satellite Clubs is a programme funded by Sport England to support community sports clubs and other non-sporting community organisations to deliver physical activity sessions to young people.
Satellite Clubs provide regular opportunities for inactive young people to access physical activity that is enjoyable, appealing and convenient based on their individual needs.
Who do Satellite Clubs want to target?
- Schools, FE/HE Satellite Clubs
- All our school satellite clubs must be for young people aged 11-19 that are currently inactive and delivered in partnership with at least one school HE/FE provider. All sessions must be delivered in non-curriculum time.
They key focuses for GBA are specifically targeted audiences that don’t necessarily receive the same opportunities as others or find it difficult to access opportunities. These are:
- Low socio-economic groups
- Women and girls
- Ethnic minority groups
- People living with a disability
Who can access Satellite Club funding?
GBA provide the link between National Governing Bodies (NGBs) of sport, education establishments, sports clubs, community groups and disability organisations. We also provide funding to help set up satellite clubs. This can include equipment, facility hire and coaching costs.
Anyone can access support to set up a satellite club, you don’t have to be a sports club or be linked with Sports or Physical Activity. It may be that you are a non-sporting organisation that have an inactive population interested in participating in an activity, or a self-employed coach looking to branch out to an area of deprivation.
- Application process opens: Wednesday 8 January
- Application process closes: Wednesday 29 January
- Successful applicants notified: Week commencing 6 February
- Delivery must start by: Week commencing 9 March
Want to apply?
For more information contact Chelsea Piggott at Get Berkshire Active: