Grants of £5,000 – £20,000 are available for projects in the Thames Valley Berkshire area that help people improve their employment prospects by either moving them into employment or by establishing a route towards employment.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), and European Social Fund (ESF) are co-financing the grant scheme to help projects which develop both tangible and emotional skills.
What are community training grants?
The focus of these grants is to fund projects which support individuals who are either unemployed or economically inactive, through advice, guidance, education and training opportunities. Proposed participants to your project must be 16 or over, have the right to work in the UK and be economically inactive or unemployed.
The aim is to benefit those who are furthest away from the labour market, and start participants’ progress back to employment. In addition to formal skills training this can also be activities which have softer benefits, such as work readiness, confidence or anger management.
What are the funders’ priorities?
The ESFA has highlighted four priority groups that it wishes to engage with*:
- Participants over 50 years of age;
- Participants with disabilities;
- Participants from Ethnic Minorities; and
- Participants who are women.
In addition to these programme wide priorities, the Thames Valley Berkshire LEP has the following priority:
- Thames Valley Berkshire: residents in areas of multiple deprivation and people in particular communities of interest (rather than geographically focused), who share common barriers to economic and social inclusion.
* NB: this does not mean that projects which do not have those participants are ineligible.
Who can apply?
Charities, Community Interest Companies, Charitable Incorporate Organisations, Social Enterprises, and Community Groups.
Deadline for applications:
Applications must be submitted before 9am on 1st June 2020. However, if you submit your application by the 18th May 2020, you will be able to provided with feedback on your application with enough time to make amendments before the deadline.
How to apply: