*Update: unfortunately, the workshops scheduled for 5 March and 9 April have been cancelled. They will be rescheduled and we will let you know as soon as the new dates are available.*
Want help using equality and human rights to achieve your organisation’s core purpose?
The Equality and Diversity Forum (EDF) is an influential national network of non-governmental organisations working on age, disability, gender and gender identity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation and broader equality and human rights issues. They have recently launched a free digital toolkit for voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations called the Equality and Human Rights Framework. To accompany the online resource, the EDF offer a learning programme to help you explore how to integrate equality and human rights into your work. We are delighted to announce that the learning programme workshops are coming to Reading’s Green Park in March and April, and you have until 26 February 2018 to register.
What is the Equality and Human Rights Framework?
- The digital resource is an online platform which allows you to set strategic objectives, aligned to your main operations, identify and tailor actions based on real life examples, and track progress. It’s designed for all types and sizes of VCS organisations to improve outcomes for the causes and/or people you support. The main areas covered are: 1. providing services, 2. campaigning, advocacy and policy, 3. employing people, 4. working with volunteers, and 5. raising and spending money.
- The learning programme combines three training workshops with online resources and a webinar to make it easy for you to participate. It aims to support community groups and organisations understand how to use the Equality and Human Rights Framework, including equality and human rights laws and approaches, to make a difference. It provides topic overviews, addresses key themes identified by VCS organisations, and gives you the opportunity to explore how you could apply the learning to your own organisation’s context in a supportive context.
What format will the learning programme workshops take?
- On Monday 5 March 2018 there will be a full day workshop (11 am – 4.15 pm) which gives an overview of the Framework and how to use it.
- On Monday 9 April 2018 there will be two half-day workshops; participants can attend one or both. The workshop from 11 am – 1:30 pm will explore how to use equality and human rights to improve services. The workshop from 2 pm – 4:30 pm will help you to understand how to use equality and human rights in influencing and campaigning.
- Read the full timetable for the learning programme workshops.
Sign up for the Learning Programme Workshops in Reading
Follow the links below for more information, and to sign up. To register you will need to pay a £50 deposit which is refunded once you’ve attended. The RVA team look forward to seeing you there!