Are you a volunteer for a small community group in Reading wanting to learn the basics of bookkeeping? If so, we are pleased to say that our training partner, Holybrook Associates, are able to offer an online e-learning option where you can learn at your own pace, through videos and resources.
If you are not yet volunteering in this role, you are still welcome to sign up, and if you also need help with finding a charity to volunteer with locally, our Volunteering Service can help you find the right opportunity.
What will the training cover?
This e-learning is designed to take a practical approach and will cover:
- Understanding your financial responsibilities as a committee or trustees
- Understanding the requirements to keep accounts and how the finances should be reported
- Be aware of governance issues facing small voluntary organisations
- Know how to record income, expenditure and balances along with reporting for special projects and restricted funds.
- Be able to determine if your organisation requires additional reporting or help
- Understand how to use the Charity Commission approved accounts template but also considering how you can adapt the process to fit the specific requirements of your own community group or charity.
Rachel Eden of Holybrook Associates is a qualified accountant and Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and bases her training courses on the needs she sees every day from helping her clients with their finances, including small charities.
- The trainer will offer an early bird rate of £48 (standard price will be £60)
- This includes lifetime access. After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this e-learning for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
Enrol for this e-learning
If you are interested in enrolling or would like to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We will need a minimum number of attendees to launch the course. Please could you let us know if you are interested before 28 October 2020 and we can then confirm a start date and how to enrol.