Reading Borough Council (RBC) urgently need more carers to help change the lives of vulnerable adults in Reading.
Could you support and care for an older person in your own home, and share your everyday life with them? RBC are expanding the Shared Lives scheme to support older people – to help them keep their independence rather than needing to move to more traditional forms of care, resulting in a better quality of life.
What type of care can I provide?
- Full-time care – the adult lives with you and is treated like family
- Overnight/respite care – to give permanent carers a break
- Day support – support an adult to take part in social and leisure activities.
How do I find out more?
Come along to an information event:
- 20 March 2019, 17.30 to 19.00, Civic Offices, Reading
- 1 April 2019, 17.30 to 19.00, Civic Offices, Reading
Go online: www.reading.gov.uk/sharedlives
Call RBC on 01189 373700.
Complete an expression of interest form.