Compass Recovery College are putting together a range of activities for the summer. The overarching aim will be to support students to get outside and feel comfortable doing so. They will abide by social distancing by having small groups and appropriate equipment.
Summer activities – programme to follow soon:
- Yoga on line starting in August for 6 weeks
- Yoga in the park at Palmer Park
- Creative activities – sketching, photography with your phone, collage etc.
- Picnic in Park – Healthy Eating
- Allotment at Caversham Court
- Walk and talk at Palmer Park
Over the past few months they have been running a range of courses on Zoom including Understanding Panic, Stress, Anxiety and Depression, Paranoia, Hearing Voices, Good Nights Sleep etc. They also have social activities and a quiz group. Online courses have enabled Compass Recovery to support a wider range of people who haven’t been able to access support before because they are carers, have young children, or are afraid to leave the house. These activities will be running again towards the end of August.