What is the Community Business Fund?
The fund is designed to support existing community businesses with grants to help them progress towards self-sufficiency. This could be through increasing trading income, securing an asset or significantly reducing revenue costs
Who can apply?
The programme is for existing community businesses based in England. To be eligible to apply, businesses must be incorporated organisations. Businesses supported will be locally rooted, accountable to the community, trading for the benefit of the local community and delivering broad community impact by addressing at least one of the following seven core impact areas:
- Reduce social isolation
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Increase employability
- Create better access to basic services
- Improve local environment
- Enable greater community cohesion
- Foster greater community pride and empowerment
More information on application criteria can be found in the guidance.
What can you apply for?
Grants of £50,000 to £300,000 are available to cover:
- Capital costs including buildings, vehicles, equipment of significant value, refurbishment costs.
- Project-specific revenue costs like staff costs, professional fees, volunteer costs.
Where can I find out more?
Find out more on the programme by reading the guidance.
You can also register for their free online webinar taking place April 25 2019 from 2 to 3pm to find out whether the Community Business Fund is right for you.