The Reading Climate Change Partnership (RCCP) is offering a fund of up to £2,000 for organisations who will help us reduce carbon emissions / help prepare for the effects of climate change.
This fund is open to the business and community sector for non capital projects. RCCP will oversee the funds.
Deadlines are on going. Applications will be reviewed in RCCP board meetings in January, April, July and October each year. Please get your application to us early in the month. There is a limit of £2,000 per application.
Examples of what we are looking for and possible projects
Shared learning is encouraged, collaborative working & new initiatives / innovations.
- Shared solutions to purchasing / waste management – i.e. set up collective purchase of sustainable goods / set up collections for multiple sites for recyclables like cardboard.
- Use outdoor areas to educate on wildlife topics, install bee / bird boxes, or encourage food growing.
- Facilitate a bulk buying scheme for DIY products for energy efficiency or renewable energy.
- Encourage ‘borrow rather than own’ i.e. the sharing of tools / gardening equipment etc.
- Audit and reduce water use – fit in with an educational program with users of your centre and other centres.
- Sustainable transport encourage reduced vehicular travel – cycling clubs, promote walking / cycling schemes.
- A green / eco festival to celebrate an international/national event like Earth Day or World Environment Day.
- This fund could compliment a capital grant where a viability study is needed prior to building works.
- New, innovative projects are welcome.
Limitations and restrictions
Not open to businesses and community groups operating outside the Reading area.
Applications for capital works only are not accepted.
To find out more about the grants and to apply, please click here.