The Charites Aid Foundation (CAF) has launched a £20 million fund aimed at both registered and unregistered charitable organisations, including community interest companies and social enterprises, with an income of between £50,000 and £10 million and who were established on or before 31 August 2019.
What are the funding priorities?
The fund aims to help a number of different causes and communities, including:
- People living in poverty
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- Children and young people
- People with physical or learning disabilities
- People experiencing mental health conditions
- Older people
- Communities facing health inequalities
- Patient groups with unmet health needs (physical or mental)
- People facing domestic or other abuse
- Unemployed people
- Homeless people
- People experiencing loneliness and isolation
- People pushed into crisis because of Covid-19
- Refugees and migrants
- Other vulnerable people or communities
Who can apply?
- Registered and unregistered charities, including social enterprises and Community Interest Companies.
- Be able to demonstrate last reported income between £50,000 and £10,000,000
- The organisation was established on or before 31 August 2019
- Be focused on the interests and needs of at least one of the designated groups and causes
- Be able to supply details of a valid UK bank account
- Be able to spend all the grant funding before 31 March 2021, and supply documentary evidence to demonstrate this expenditure (this could include headed receipts, verifiable banking statements and salary bills) – these costs should relate to the period 1 October 2020 to 30 March 2021
It is expected that there will be a high level of demand and thus priority will be given to:
- Charities and other organisations whose established charitable activities have been severely reduced or are at risk of being severely reduced to the detriment of vulnerable or disadvantaged groups.
- Organisations that are having to deliver core services in fundamentally different or unusual ways in order to respond to the crisis and still reach their beneficiaries within vulnerable or disadvantaged groups.
- Organisations that are deeply embedded with communities and have established networks to deliver their charitable activities.
How much can you apply for?
Flexible grants of between £10,000 and £100,000 can be used to support the activities where they are essential for delivering relevant services, including:
- staff salaries,
- project running costs,
- running costs/overheads,
- goods and equipment which would not be capitalised
- organisational development.
The grant can support costs between 1 October 2020 and 31 March 2021.
Is there a closing date?
Yes, 10 November 2020
How to apply and further information and support
- More information and how to apply can be found on the CAF website here
- You will need to provide certain documentation in support of your application. If you would like assistance with governance for your organisation, please contact Herjeet at email@example.com.