Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) has launched a £5m emergency fund for small charities to reduce the impact of Covid-19
Applications are now open for grants of up to £10,000 to small charities that are directly impacted by the pandemic. They anticipate that there will be a high level of requests for support.
Their funding priorities will focus on:
- Charities, and other organisations, whose established charitable activities are at risk of being severely reduced to the detriment of vulnerable groups.
- Organisations that are having to deliver core services in fundamentally different or unusual ways in order to respond to the crisis and still reach their beneficiaries.
- Organisations that are deeply embedded with communities and have established networks to deliver their charitable activities.
- Organisations experiencing current cash-flow problems, rather than concerns that future income will be reduced.
Who can apply?
- Registered charities
- Social enterprises
- Income less than £1million
What can the money be used for?
- Applications can be for unrestricted funding for core costs, staffing, volunteer costs, supplies and equipment, communications or other critical charitable areas.
- The money can be used to support day-to-day activities in the current health emergency or Covid-19 emergency response activities.
When will the first grants be made?
Grants will be made to successful charities within 14 days of application, although CAF said it anticipates ‘high numbers of applicants’.
Further information and how to apply