The DBS service has temporarily changed its checking guidelines to enable organisations to continue to submit DBS applications during the coronavirus pandemic. It is important to remember that the rules regarding ‘regulated activity’, ‘work with adults’ and ‘work with children’ still apply. It is only the method for checking of evidence that has changed to enable organisations to process the applications without unduly presenting a risk of contamination.
- DBS guidance on ID checking guidelines (as at 24 March 2020)
- How to contact the DBS service (as at 24 March 2020)
- RVA’s DBS guide for voluntary and community groups
- DBS guide to working with children and young people in the charity sector
- DBS guide to working with adults in the charity sector
- Online safeguarding training and free video to help your volunteers and staff with safe practices during the pandemic.
- Full resources on safeguarding in the RVA Knowledgebase
If you have any safeguarding or DBS related queries, for example if you have adapted your services to meet the changing needs of service users during the coronavirus pandemic, please contact email@example.com for advice and guidance.