This year we had a bumper Safe and Sound award presentation at our AGM. Our Chair of trustees, Karen Morton, was delighted to present the Safe and Sound Quality Award to the following local organisations, who attained the award in the last 12 months. Congratulations all round!
- Reading Refugee Support Group – presented to CEO, Nick Harborne and Deputy Manager, Claire Harris
- The Silvers Workshop – presented to Chair of trustees, Tony Smith-Crallan, trustee Kevin Slade and member Myles Sibley. Read our interview with Kevin here.
- Smart Works Reading – presented to Service Delivery Manager, Claire Lawley. Read our interview with Chair of trustees, Sarah Burns MBE here.
- Reading International Solidarity Centre (RISC) – presented to Sharon Fitton, Food for Families Coordinator. Read our interview with Sharon and trustee Colin Date here.
- Reading Samaritans – trustee Steve Sheath sent his apologies but watch this space as he will feature in our Trustee Stories next week!
- Home-Start Reading – trustee Jill was unable to attend, but we passed on a huge congratulation to the team!
The following charities completed a further award, meaning they are into their fourth year of continuing to demonstrate good charity governance! Congratulations to:
- Reading Community Learning Centre (RCLC) – presented to Centre Manager, Aisha Malik
- ABC to Read – presented to trustee Mike Edwards and volunteer Paul Dacey
- Enrych Berkshire – presented to trustee Teresa Broad
Safe and Sound is Reading’s very own quality award, demonstrating good governance for charities. It is recognised by local and national funders such as Reading Borough Council and The National Lottery Community Fund. If you’d like to find out more on behalf of your charity or community group, and apply for the award, get in touch at email@example.com or call us on 01189 372273.