Sport England are providing Get Berkshire Active (GBA) with funding through the Tackling Inequalities Fund (TIF) to distribute to community organisations who support the following priority groups to be active:
- people with disabilities
- people with long-term conditions
- BAME communities
- lower socio-economic groups.
GBA want to utilise some of this funding to support health-specific projects and use the momentum of the national Better Health campaign to do this. They are keen to connect with any health provider who may include physical activity as part of their service or who would like to include physical activity to improve the health of residents in Berkshire.
The government have recently launched the Better Health campaign to seize the opportunity for a national reset moment in health. Get Berkshire Active want to support this campaign by promoting physical activity for better health and to tackle health inequalities. The TIF forms part of the Sport England’s £210 million support package to help the sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis. GBA have recently been awarded a second phase of funding.
Who can apply?
- Charities, community groups, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies or other not-for-profit organisations that already do or can include physical activity opportunity for these priority audiences.
- Focused health projects that meet the ethos of the Better Health campaign and can be delivered by March 2021.
- Organisations must be based or delivering in Berkshire.
Applicants can apply for grants of £1,000 to £5,000. The types of activity that might be funded could include:
- Projects that utilise the Better Health campaign to support the target audience to start getting active.
- Projects which include physical activity that have stopped due to Covid-19 and need further investment in order to restart.
- Hardship through funding support with a line of sight to physical activity.
- Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping the target audience active in this period.
- Offering advice and training support (with a line of sight to physical activity).
- Increasing resilience, capacity and capability of delivery bodies with a line of sight to physical activity.
Download a leaflet with further information, including what the funding can and can’t be used for.
How to apply
Berkshire Better Health Fund 2020 is supported and administered by Get Berkshire Active. For more information and an initial phone call to discuss your project idea before progressing to an application please contact:
- Cathy Carr (Healthy Communities Manager Berkshire East): 07912 178652 or email: email@example.com.
- Kirsty Heath (Healthy Communities Manager Berkshire West): 07394 564540 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.