In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Asda Foundation has created the Feeding Communities Grant scheme. Grants of up to £1,000 can contribute to meals which cost £4.00 or less for those in need in the run up to Christmas. This includes individuals, families, and meals at children’s healthy holiday clubs.
Who can apply?
Not-for-profit registered charities, registered not-for-profit companies, community interest companies and unincorporated clubs or associations in the UK can apply. The Foundation does not accept applications directly from individuals.
Application forms can be obtained from Asda Community Champions, who are based in local Asda stores. Applicants can use the store locator link on the Foundation website to get in touch with their local store and speak to their Community Champion about their project proposal.
What could the grant support?
- Food parcel for a family/individual
- Christmas Hamper (food only)
- School Holiday Clubs (food only)
- Soup kitchen/homeless centre (food only)
- Christmas meal delivery or collection
- Local Community Centre providing meal deliveries
6 December 2020
Further information and how to apply