Arthur Hill Swimming Pool at 225 King’s Road, Reading, RG1 4LS is currently vacant and the council has decided to dispose of the freehold. In accordance with the Third Sector Premises Policy Statement agreed on the 16 February 2016, voluntary sector organisations have a period of 8 weeks to submit a bid for the property. The bidding deadline is 21 March 2018.
Description of the property
- The property comprises a closed and drained swimming pool, changing facilities, fitness area and office/kitchen area
- The building measures approximately 590 sq m (6,350 sq ft)
- The total site area is approximately 0.11 hectares (0.26 acres)
- There is potential for conversion/redevelopment to alternative uses, STPP
- Benefits from a draft allocation for 6-10 dwellings
- Both conditional and unconditional offers are invited by 12 noon on 21 March 2018
- The property has been locally listed
- The property has been designated as an asset of community value
The freehold of the property is being advertised on the open market by Savills – full details can be found here. All viewings will be conducted by Savills.
For a third sector application form, guidance, scoring and accompanying information, please contact Clare Muir, Policy and Voluntary Sector Manager by Clare.email@example.com or phoning 0118 937 2119.