Bidding opportunity, in accordance with Third Sector Premises Policy Statement
The council will shortly be marketing the freehold of the Whitley Library building (Northumberland Avenue, Reading RG2 7PX) on the open market and formally through the Third Sector process.
It is estimated that these formal processes will commence in approximately 3-4 weeks – the exact date will appear on the RVA website in due course, together with the marketing details. Once the formal process for both the open market and through the third sector is announced, it will run for an 8 week period.
Prior to this formal process the council wishes to give voluntary/community organisations within the Third Sector an additional period of time before the property goes onto the market to consider whether they are interested and may wish to bid.
Please note the Council are not issuing a guide price as each case can vary depending on the nature of the proposal and the bidder
Advance information and documentation
If you are interested in this property and potentially making a bid, please contact Herjeet Randhawa from RVA at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the following information which will be emailed to you, or telephone 0118 9372 273.
- Application to bid form
- Bidding process guidance
- Scoring matrix
- Site plan
- Block plan
- asbestos survey
- TPO plan
- Local Listing details
- Planning pre-app and pre-app response for conversion to 3 residential units
Access to view the property
- The property can be viewed externally any time.
- If you wish to inspect the property internally then keys can be collected and returned the same day from: The Facilities Management Office, 19 Bennet Rd, Reading RG20QX, 0118 937 3730.
- Speak to the Facilities Management Officer via the vehicle or pedestrian intercom when turning up on site.
- You will need a brief induction and to complete a Risk Assessment when taking the keys so please give the Facilities Management Office advance notice when you will be visiting.
If you have any questions about the property then please contact Steve Hicks by emailing email@example.com.