Mischief Makers Summer Reading Challenge 2018
Reading Libraries are looking for young people aged 14 to 18 who can encourage children to take part in and complete this year’s Summer Reading Challenge, Mischief Makers.
They are looking for volunteers at Reading Central Library and all of the branches (Battle, Caversham, Palmer Park, Southcote, Tilehurst and Whitley).
The placements are for 3 hours a week (or more if you like!) between Saturday 14 July and Saturday 1 September – school and family holidays permitting. Days and times would be negotiable with the library Branch Manager.
Tasks will include:
- Talking with, and listening to, children aged 4 to 12 about the books they have been reading and suggesting other things they may like to read.
- Understanding the way the summer reading challenge works so you can help the children and their parents and carers.
- Handing out reading rewards.
- Helping children and their parents/carers fill in forms.
- Assisting with administration, e.g. filing of membership cards or registering children online.
- Helping library staff run Mischief Makers events and craft activities
The Libraries will provide training, supervision and support.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 14 July 2018.
For more information, please contact Suzan Davis on 0118 9373449 or email Suzan.Davis@reading.gov.uk