Take the lead in developing our new publicity strategy
Trustee / Committee volunteer needed for Reading Mencap in RG1
This is the opportunity to join a small friendly Board to take a strategic lead on our publicity which is also closely allied to our Fundraising strategy. This is a new role following on from our recent award of 6 days of a top London Publicity Consultant’s time to help revitalise our Publicity work.
Main responsibilities of the job
- attend bi-monthly Management Committee meetings and join with the other trustees to make specific and strategic decisions about the business and direction of the charity
- take a lead on our publicity strategy and support staff working to build and progress our publicity and marketing work
- be responsive to and knowledgeable about changes in local and national government policy and legislation concerning children and adults with LDD and their carers
- support the society with attendance at major fundraising and publicity events, time allowing
- volunteer to represent the society on a forum or steering group, time allowing
- attend the AGM
Location address line 1
21 Alexandra Road
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMMon EVETue AMTue PMTue EVEWed AMWed PMWed EVEThu AMThu PMThu EVEFri AMFri PM
Any of these times
Additional timing details
Board meetings are every two months, usually in the early evening.
Trustee / Committee
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific roleSelf organised/motivatedLikes team workAnalytical thinkingInventiveNetworkerSociablePatientSupportiveCreativeCommunicator
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Full Induction including time with staff is offered
Description of support
Support from chair of trustees and other Board Members as well as the CEO
Description of expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
27 April 2017