Our Member Advisor will meet with the public at our contact points in libraries, council offices or community centres in Berkshire towns and educate people about the benefits of joining a credit union.
Principle duties and tasks:
– Promote Berkshire Credit Union and the benefits of membership.
– Explain simply and clearly what a credit union is and how it differs from a bank or payday-loan company.
– Sign up new members on site using a standard membership form and process.
– Provision of basic financial support.
– Provision of standard forms & literature.
– Help with completion of standard forms (withdrawals, loan applications).
– Infrequently accept cash deposits and cheques.
– Promote our pre-paid debit card (principle inclusion tool).
– Signpost members and potential members to the correct information or service including our website for further information and access their accounts.
– Directing them to our telephone banking system for some transactions, account balances, account histories or loan application decisions.
– Direct people to other relevant agencies.
– Arrange interviews at our head office.