As a Volunteer Office and Facilities Coordinator, you will be responsible for full maintenance of the office premises, equipment and coordination of facilities. You will work closely with other volunteering teams.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
• Process, log and distribute internal post, assist with providing Reception cover
• Manage and resolve office maintenance issues
• Respond to queries for office facilities, maintain the general office email contact list and office distribution lists.
• Liaise with external contractors, such as cleaning and maintenance
• Assist with ensuring meeting room facilities are set up and functioning as required
• Develop and implementing new office maintenance and coordination systems
• Greet visitors, answer and transfer calls
• Organise the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
• Arrange all repair services for office equipment
• Maintain the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
• Coordinate charity merchandise sold from the office or online, ordering, proofing charity stock
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
• Previous facilities and office coordination experience
• Able to deal with/organise basic repairs and minor defects
• A willingness to be flexible
• Good communication skills: written and verbal English. Good communication skills: written and oral English.
• Interested in developing your skills in the charity sector.
How much time should I offer?
Flexible time commitment depending on what suits you but you will need to be ideally interested in taking on the role for at least 4 months, for a few hours a week.
What are the benefits to me?
• Meeting and working with new and enthusiastic people across the organisation
• Learning new skills. adding volunteering experience to your CV
• Getting more involved in and making a real difference to orphans, vulnerable children and their community in Zimbabwe
• Potential to get more involved with CBF in areas that interest you
We currently have several volunteering roles available, please contact HR details.
Online training resources and mentoring is available.
• Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers
• Regular updates about CBF’s work, campaigns, events and volunteering developments.