Join the 3Cs team and help expand our service
Catering volunteers needed for Caversham Community Cafe (3Cs) in RG4
We are seeking volunteers to join our team, providing a community cafe.
- cleaning of tables, floors, equipment, kitchen and toilet areas
- washing-up, by hand or using a dishwasher
- serving at the counter, taking details of orders, taking payment, operating cash register, giving change
- preparing hot drinks
- preparing snacks
- using a microwave and electric grill
- taking food and drink to tables and clearing tables
- setting out cafe and counter before opening and clearing away at the end of the day
- training can be given to operate the espresso coffee machine.
No experience needed, but you’ll need to be organised and enjoy meeting people.
The cafe currently opens on Tuesdays only and we are seeking to recruit more volunteers to help on Tuesdays and also to enable the cafe to open on an additional day a week, probably Monday.
Location address line 1
St John's Church
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Likes team workKeen learnerPrecise and methodicalSociable
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
On the job training
Description of support
from manager and other staff
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
8 April 2016