Help young people discover the benifits of volunteering
Support volunteer needed for Reading Voluntary Action (RVA) in RG1
RVA Youth is an innovative scheme designed to allow young people (16-24) to get involved and benefit from volunteering opportunities. We are recruiting a Volunteer Supporter to help us run the scheme.
The RVA Youth Volunteer Supporter will act as a point of contact to young volunteers, guiding participants through their volunteering journey. This will involve:
- Helping potential volunteers find the projects that are right for them.
- Acting as a point of contact for volunteers whilst completing projects.
- Assisting volunteers after project completion to articulate the experience and skills they have developed.
Tasks will include:
- Talking to young people about what they wish to gain from volunteering.
- Keeping our project tracking system updated.
- Helping us to monitor and record successfully completed projects.
- Promoting the scheme at outreach events.
Volunteers for this role will need to have a basic level of IT literacy, self organised and reliable. A desire to help young people develop their skills, experience and confidence is essential.
Location address line 1
3rd Floor Reading Central Library
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMTue AMTue PMThu AMThu PM
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changePrefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedHappy to work soloGood sense of humourSociableSupportiveCommunicator
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Induction to the organisation and the scheme. Training on the use of our website and range of online tools.
Description of support
Support from staff team and fellow volunteers
Description of expenses
Agreed travel expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?