Help support the varied activities in our Active Living Programme
Support volunteers needed for Age UK Berkshire
Age UK Berkshire offers an Active Living Programme which is open to people aged 50+. This includes a variety of activities, led by qualified instructors, which take place on a weekly basis at various locations in Berkshire. The activities include:
- Tai Chi.
- Zumba Gold.
- Walking Groups and Nordic Walking.
- Music Room Project, supporting people with dementia and memory loss through group music sessions and socialising.
- Assist with the set-up of the hall/centre where the activity is taking place.
- Welcome the participants.
- Help new people to settle in and assist them with filling out the registration form.
- Take the register and session fees.
- Ensure that the participants are comfortable and safe during the session – providing access to water, making sure that they are not too hot/cold, etc.
- Alert the instructor to any concerns you may have about participants.
- Provide refreshments after the session (not at all activities).
- Clear away after the session and leave the area clean, tidy and secure.
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Single dates - PLEASE ignore and use NEW field
Programme of activities held on various days each week. We would want a volunteer to commit to a regular event, running at the same day and time each week.
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a regular scheduleHappy to work soloGood sense of humourSociablePatientSupportive
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Description of support
From team coordinator and Volunteer Manager.
Description of expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?