Reading Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) aims to promote and sustain the town as a dementia friendly community by
- Seeking membership from local organisations
- Ensure the voices of people affected by Dementia are heard
- Raise awareness of Dementia across local communities
The DAA administration volunteer will support steering group members’ monthly meetings by informing members of of meeting dates and agendas, taking minutes at meetings and sharing the minutes with members. The volunteer may also help with checking records of members and making contact with member organisations where appropriate.
The ideal volunteer will be confident with word-processing and emails, and ideally will have experience with minute-taking, but support can be offered with this.
- Attend steering group meetings and take minutes
- Send out relevant communication to Reading DAA members / steering group
- Distribute agenda of DAA meeting with venue details and timings
- Ensure information on Alliance members is up to date
- Make direct contact with alliance members to let them know about what’s going on and encourage them to get involved with specific events and activities.
- Check and respond to Reading DAA emails.
General tasks could also include (with your agreement and depending on your capacity)
- Attend relevant events to promote work of Reading DAA
- Take part in relevant subgroups of Reading DAA (e.g transport/retail/community specific)
- Assist in local area research
- Raising profile of Dementia Friendly Communities through posters and leaflet distribution
- Assisting at consultations for people with dementia and their carers
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining experience in
- Administration skills in a community based organisation
- Health awareness and promotion
- Making a valuable contribution to the work of Dementia friendly communities