We are looking for people who will happily give a few hours of their free time to help others in their community who are lonely and vulnerable, and who are needing a bit of extra help to reconnect with their local community.
The aim of the service is to enhance the quality of life of older people who live alone and have limited or no social contact. This can be for a variety of reasons such a being new to the area, recently bereaved, unaware of local facilities.
Volunteers will provide short term intervention, offering support for up to 6 weeks for each person, introducing them to appropriate social/community groups and activities
- To visit client(s) on a regular basis at a time that is mutually convenient.
- To support the client in the implementation of the action plan (previously agreed with the client)
- To accompany the client on visits to social groups, events and other places, as appropriate to the action plan.
- To report back to the co-ordinator about clients on a regular basis following each visit.
- To alert the co-ordinator to any concerns clients may have, or any concerns you may have about clients.
- To adhere to Age UK Berkshire’s Information Governance policy.