Our service is designed to provide support to offenders through mentoring to encourage full integration and to promote social inclusion.
Volunteers undertake duties led by each individual service user needs, it could be attending an appointment with them, registering at a GP surgery, discussing feelings and emotions, helping with reading and writing, listening or just having a coffee and a chat, it really depends on the individual.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
• building up a relationship with the mentoree
• establishing and maintaining appropriate boundaries to the mentoring relationship
• acknowledgeing positive qualities and skills
• spending time with/shareing activities with service users
• being consistent, reliable and dependable
• working within a spirit of non-discrimination
• respecting confidentiality according to Pact policies
• keeping in touch with your co-ordinator
• carrying out admin tasks (Volunteer Agreement, Contact Records and Expense Forms)
• attending volunteer support meetings