Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
Trustee / Committee volunteers needed for ENRYCH Berkshire in RG6
We are seeking to add new skills and interests to our trustee board. You will be joining an experienced, supportive and dedicated team of trustees who work to the philosophy that those with physical disabilities:
- Should not be defined by their disability
- they should be encouraged and enabled to reach their potential
- everyone should be able to live the lives they want
- they should see ENRYCH Berkshire as a stepping stone to a more colourful life.
We are interested in hearing from anyone who is passionate about the work we do and feels they have something they can bring to the mix. We would especially like to hear from anyone with knowledge/ experience of Fundraising or online communication and engagement.
Fundraising – We are looking for a trustee who can work collaboratively to oversee our fundraising efforts, this would include:
- Organising fundraising events, for example our Annual Golf Day
- planning campaigns to generate individual donations
- identifying and drafting applications to grant making bodies.
Online communication and engagement – We are looking for a hands on trustee to oversee the enhancement of our online presence, this would include:
- Explore the most appropriate communications platforms for us to spread our message
- update our website and suggest and develop appropriate forms of content
- work with our trustee and staff team to help them use communications platforms effectively.
Good news for anyone thinking of becoming a charity trustee in Reading
Location address line 1
University of Reading
Meetings at our office, supporting at events across Berkshire and some home working
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMMon EVETue AMTue PMTue EVEWed AMWed PMWed EVEThu AMThu PMThu EVEFri AMFri PMFri EVESat AMSat PMSat EVESun AMSun PMSun EVE
Any of these times
Additional timing details
Board meetings are held monthly
Trustee / Committee
Will suit someone like this:
Likes team workKeen learnerBusiness orientatedPublic speakerNetworkerGood sense of humourSociablePatientSupportiveCreativeCommunicator
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Induction to the organisation and our work. Guidance on trustee roles and responsibilities. Access to free training provided by local support organisations as appropriate.
Description of support
From trustee and staff team
Description of expenses
For travel and out of pocket expenses by prior agreement
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
24 March 2016